Sr. Consultant Human Capital & Organization Alignment
Job Description Department Marketing Statement:Metro is seeking engaged, exceptionally talented, senior Talent Management and Human Capital professionals to join its Talent Management organization. Reporting into the Director of Talent Management, this position is a part of an internal consulting/advisory organization that will drive change management and implementation of innovative talent management solutions across the organization, especially as it relates to WMATA’s multi-year People Strategy. In this role, we are seeking professionals who:
- Champion change, drive a high-performance culture in support of WMATA Talent Management initiatives and the overall WMATA vision, and pro-actively contribute to the implementation of Metro’s People Strategy Apply their exceptional relationship building skills to serve as an accessible, trusted and highly sought-after consultant in support of business leaders to help drive their talent initiatives Offer data driven solutions by presenting and reviewing progress made towards goals and objectives, measuring program effectiveness and identifying opportunities for enhancement and suggesting innovative actions to further drive results.
- A passion for leading and driving agile, service focused and high performing talent management programs and initiatives 7+ years of experience in human resources, organizational capability, human capital consulting or related; including experience managing teams
- A demonstrated affinity for analytics including building and tracking HR Metrics/scorecards Competence in understanding the financial, technological, economic and talent drivers of the business to effectively help develop and implement a global human capital plan that supports organizational strategy, key strategic & operational initiatives, and achievement of overall business objectives Strong internal customer focus and relationship skills with a flexible communication style Strategic mindset with strong detail orientation Experience in a role requiring independent decision-making and management of conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment Outstanding facilitation, collaboration and project management skills Consistent ability to apply solid judgement ensuring integrity, compliance and confidentiality
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, or Business Administration
- Seven (7) years of experience in the design and implementation of talent management/human capital structures and programs, such as organizational transformation, organizational design, change management, career pathing, competency development and workforce planning
- A minimum of three (3) years of the experience must include a combination of managing agency and/or contractor staff, leading cross-functional senior management teams in improvement initiatives, or performing in a lead-level capacity responsible for the development of junior performance improvement staff
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, or Business Administration or Ph.D. in Human Resources, Industrial/Organization Psychology, Psychometrics
- Conducts needs analysis to determine organizational needs related to key strategies and business changes and develops and implements organization strategies that support improved future-state organizational design and service delivery and prepares organization design alternatives, testing them against design criteria, and aligning leadership groups around design selection and implementation. Applies analytic and visualization tools to assess the impact of varying design and decision solutions and identifies and implements decision making authority and responsibility to both individuals (decision rights) and groups (governance) Prepares workforce transition plans and programs, including strategies to transition talent at all levels Designs competency frameworks and implements competency models. Aligns skills, behaviors and business goals. Addresses behavioral, technical, and leadership requirements, and guides performance improvement initiatives. As necessary, designs jobs and roles, creates competency models and career paths to aid in the selection and transition of employees. Establishes key metrics to accurately define the competencies and skills required for each role/department within the organization. Also establishes individual performance mapping to set up Key Performance Indicator (KPI) frameworks. Leads the design, development and implementation of an organization-wide agile performance management system and leverages effective communication expertise to solicit feedback regarding the effectiveness of performance management approaches, informs and engages employees, and builds support for change. Creates frameworks and tools for performance matrix, development plans, performance plans, and other required documentation needed to support competency model. Leads and contributes to projects that are focused on evolving company-wide workforce planning processes and capabilities. Ensures process effectiveness and efficiency. Develops and builds capability for workforce planning within the organization, to address workforce attrition, growth, cost of workforce and other critical operations events; and conducts workforce supply and demand analyses, workload analyses, assessment of gaps and risks and solutions development for multiple business areas Develops and generates historical, current and predictive analytics and leverages the data to guide business decisions. Identifies key metrics; collects, reviews, and aggregates data into spreadsheets. Performs data analysis and develops dashboards and visualizations to support decision making and track progress. Monitors business progress against the execution of workforce plans and ensures plans are aligned with corporate principles.
- Personal Interview Skills Assessments Verification of education and experience Criminal Background Check Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report