Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the NH-02 or GS-11 grade level in the Federal service as listed below:
- Providing oversight and leadership to a very diverse team, while working with technical and acquisition leads to gain approval of acquisition and execution strategies for approved programs.
- Experience applying the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE), fiscal law, policies, regulations, principles, standards and procedures to financial management activities.
- Experience developing and conducting financial execution status review briefings, and providing financial advice to senior leadership.
- Experience independently identifying and analyzing financial and program challenges while interfacing with multiple stakeholders to identify ways to resolve them.
- Experience leading an Integrated Product Team (IPT).Experience building execution briefs for other internal and external reviews including mid-year reviews.
- Experience reconciling un-liquidated obligations (ULOs), building tri-annual reports, and conducting year-end close outs of expiring funds.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
This is an Acquisition position coded Level II in Business-Financial Management (BUS-FM). Selectee must obtain mandatory DAWIA certification within 24 months of entrance on duty.
Selectee must acquire 80 continuous learning points every two years.
This is a Financial Management Level II Certified position IAW the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d. Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program. (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d. Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program.
This position DOES NOT meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified below, required for this position.
- Experience utilizing financial analysis principles and techniques to conduct studies, analyze data, develop alternatives, reconcile funds & making recommendations to develop & implement strategies for resolving budgetary problems and accomplishing goals.
- Experience applying budgetary policies, processes, practices, regulatory and statutory guidance to plan, monitor and execute funds.
- Experience building and presenting various program planning and status briefs to senior leadership and external stakeholders.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx