Physical Security Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to receive consideration for this position, applicants must be eligible under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), or Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
To be considered for the GS-13 level, applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors) that included: 1) conducting initial and follow-up on-site facility inspections to determine security systems required and the condition of existing systems in judicial facilities; 2) analyzing and testing equipment for experimental projects that enhance judicial security; 3) developing and tracking security projects; 4) developing performance standards and guidelines for security equipment installation contractors; and 5) applying physical security principles to the resolve issues and settle conflicts. (Must be reflected in resume.)
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
There is no educational substitute for this series and grade.
This position is open to Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligibles in the local commuting area; and Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
1. A current permanent competitive service employee; former Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or former Federal employee who served on a career conditional appointment without achieving career status in the competitive service who was separated less than three years ago. You must submit an SF-50 that reflects career or career-conditional (Tenure field is 1 or 2); AND status in the competitive service (Position Occupied field is 1).
2. A Veteran applying under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), must submit a copy of your DD-214 showing an honorable discharge. To be eligible, a veteran must be honorably separated and either a preference eligible or have substantially completed 3 or more years of active service. NOTE: Current career/career conditional federal employees applying under VEOA must submit a qualifying SF-50 to show they meet time-in-grade.
3. The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and have a final assessment score of 85 or better. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is at: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap
4. The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the Department of Justice with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your Department of Justice component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and have a final assessment score of 85 or better. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ctap
Selective Service Information: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/fair-and-transparent/selective-service/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Attention to Detail
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
- Public Safety and Security
Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required Yes