Treasury Recent Graduates Program (Management Assistant) (OA)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- All selectees must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
- Subject to a 1-year trial period is required (unless already completed).
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to two years of returns.
- Because of its tax-related mission, the Office of Chief Counsel requires fingerprinting, tax verification, and a background security investigation as part of the pre-employment process.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To be eligible for the Recent Graduates Program, applicants must have, within the previous two years*, completed all educational requirements for a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying institution. For more information on education requirements go to Treasury’s Pathways Program.
*Veterans who, due to a military service obligation, were precluded from applying to a Recent Graduates Program during any portion of the two-year eligibility period may have their eligibility period extended so that they receive the full 2 years of eligibility. The remaining two-year eligibility period will begin upon his or her release or discharge from active duty. The veteran's eligibility period may not extend beyond six years from the date of completion of all requirements of an academic course of study.
Typing Proficiency: A typing proficiency of 40 wpm based on a five minute test with no more than three errors is required. Proof of an acceptable typing speed must be submitted with the application in one of the following ways: 1) SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, which shows Federal employment in a "typing", "office automation" or "stenography" position; or 2) A current notice of test results (from an appropriate testing authority) based on a five-minute typing test which includes words per minute and error rate; or 3) A self certification that states you type 40 wpm.
To qualify for the position at the GS-05 level, you must meet one of the following requirements:
A. Education: In the Recent Graduates Program you may qualify based solely on education as follows: Bachelor's Degree or have completed four years or more of education above the high school level in a qualifying educational institution. OR
B. Experience: You may qualify with one year of specialized experience at level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-4 grade level of the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Creating and maintaining records, charts, databases and reports pertaining to management analysis. Assisting staff with extracting information for status and statistical reports and studies. Preparing written documents utilizing various software applications. Screening calls and visitors. Coordinating and scheduling meetings to support office functions. Answering inquiries concerning case status. OR
C. You may qualify by a combination of qualifying education and experience. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Position may be converted to a permanent or term position.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: 1) Knowledge of a body of established clerical and technical procedures and requirements related to assigned management processes and tasks in support of an office; 2) Ability to gather information and assist staff with basic research, assemble documents, set up meetings, arrange travel and accommodations, prepare recurring reports, and resolve problems; 3) Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, format and style using a wide array of software programs and internet based databases; 4) Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties; and 5) Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Category-like rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories - Category A, Category B, Category C - depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No