Deputy General Counsel, Defense Logistics Agency
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs)
- Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
TECHNICAL QUALFICIATIONS (TQs)
1. The ability to lead, manage and oversee a large, geographically dispersed full-service legal organization engaged in a broad range of Agency legal practice and programs.
2. Knowledge of the following legal practice and program areas: acquisition law; ethics; personnel, EEO and labor law; fiscal law; business integrity and procurement fraud; international and operational law; military law; administrative law; disputes resolution; litigation; environmental law and FOIA and Privacy Act matters.
3. The ability to work effectively with a diverse, senior client base and to serve as a member of the Agency's executive leadership team in ensuring continued mission success.
4. Demonstrated ability to summarize and communicate (orally and in writing) complex issues, relevant analyses, and legal options to senior Department leadership and staff at all levels.
Desirable Qualifications: The following will be used to help rate and rank eligible candidates:
1. Breadth of legal experience in multiple organizations (public or private) and at multiple levels. A mix of experience at more than one base/post/operating location/ installation and Major Service Command, Combatant Command (COCOM), HQ Military Service Staff, Joint Staff, Defense Agency or Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) experience or equivalent academic/industry experience is highly desirable.
2. Completion of Intermediate or Senior Developmental Education and equivalent executive development programs such as Leadership for a Democratic Society, Senior Executive fellows, Industrial College of the Armed Forces or National or Service War Colleges is highly desirable.
3. In addition to a Juris Doctorate (JD), an advanced degree in law or a related professional field is highly desirable.
Applicant must be a graduate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association and provide a certificate that proves they are an active member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Veteran's preference does not apply to the SES.
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To determine if you are best qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against the Executive Core Qualifications and Technical Qualifications listed in the qualifications section. The Executive Core Qualifications and Technical Qualifications are designed to capture the desired competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) for this position.