Supervisory Information Technology Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Time in grade:
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade to be considered for the next higher grade (e.g. one year at the GS-14 grade level for consideration for the GS-15 grade level.).
For this position, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Specialized Experience Requirement: You must possess at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the Federal GS-14 level or higher, that has equipped you with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position For this position, specialized experience is defined as expert knowledge of and skill in applying advanced Information Technology (IT) principles, standard and practices sufficient toper form work of unusual scope, difficulty, and responsibility developing and interpreting strategies and policies governing the planning and deliver of services through out the agency.
Examples of this experience must include:
1. Directing and managing a staff responsible for delivering an Agency's software systems that support enterprise-wide business processes;
2. Expert in utilizing systems development life cycle (SDLC) processes including estimation, architecture, analysis, design, implementation, unit and integration testing;
3. Project management processes and have a track record for managing successful projects; and
4. Knowledge of budgeting as well as experience managing contractors
For more information on the qualifications for this position, click: here
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
THE SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION IS NOT QUALIFYING FOR THE GS-15 LEVEL
Locality Pay: The salary for each location may vary depending on locality. Locality tables my befound at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Employees: Permanent County employees without prior Federal tenure who are selected for a Civil Service position under Public Law 105-277 will be given a career-conditional appointment and must serve a 1-year probationary period.
- This position is eligible for telework within the local commuting area of the position and other flexible work arrangements. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
If called for an interview, applicants must be available to interview within 3 business days of being contacted.
If a tentative job offer is extended, selectee will have 2 business days in which to accept or decline.
It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.govitransmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?Transmittal! D=6465 Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the experience, education, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Information Resources Strategy and Planning
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Team Building
Note: If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10433358 Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No