Occasional travel - occasional
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
(REMOVE those that do not apply to your announcement) If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive,Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 base salary range starts at $89,370 per year. Locality pay will be determined once a selection is made and duty locations has been established.
Specialized experience is one year of experience equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience overseeing an organization's acquisition policy activities related to the contracting function; ensuring that federal and agency acquisition regulations and statutory requirements are implemented across the entire spectrum of procurements; and overseeing the development, implementation, and communication of acquisition policies that directly affect the terms and conditions in contracts throughout the organization.
1102 Qualifications GS-13 & above:
You must meet the requirements in 1, 2, or 3 below:
- All of the following: (a) Completion of Training listed in Level I & II of FAC-C Course Requirements; or FAC-C Level II or III, or a DAWIA level II or III certification. If your certification is over 2 years old, 80 hours of Continuous Learning Points are required to maintain certification. (b) At least 4years of experience in contracting or related positions including 1 year of specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the level described below; and (c) Completion of a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Exception: If you were in a GS-1102 position on January 1, 2000, you will be exempt from meeting the educational requirements for the grade level of that position. However, to be promoted you will have to meet Option 1 or 3.
- Waiver: GSA's senior procurement executive has the discretion to waive any or all of the requirements in 1 above.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: N/A
We're currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed through this announcement or other GSA organizations within same commuting area.
Travel expenses associated with interviews are not approved and will be your responsibility.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of acquisition methodology and concepts to apply theories and new developments to problems not susceptible to treatment by current methods and to make decisions or recommendations significantly changing, interpreting or developing important public policies or programs.
- Skill in oral and interpersonal communications is required to conduct briefings, give speeches, negotiate requirements and implementation of recommendations.
- Skills to apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness.
- Knowledge of the agency's missions, programs and legislative history to develop and advise on policies to implement program goals.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No