Security Officer, Full Time Days - Security
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Security Officer who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Security Officer:
The security officer ensures that security policies and procedures are carried out in a timely fashion.
1. Ensures a safe environment for our patients, staff, visitors, physicians and volunteers
2. Ensures quality outcomes for security department by communicating effectively with security, staff and the public
3. Uses time and resources in a financially responsible manner
4. Fosters group cohesiveness within the security department
5. Portrays a positive image of the organization.
Qualified candidates will possess:
•\tHigh School Diploma or equivalent
•\tPrevious security experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
•\tMust possess Maryland Driver's License
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
•\tWork life balance through non rotating shifts
•\tRecognition and rewards for professional expertise
•\tFree Employee parking
•\tCompetitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with
matching and 3 year vesting)
•\t100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
•\t100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Description of Working Conditions:
• Required to wear a uniform while on duty.
• Required to lift decedents on occasion
• Conducts foot patrols of the facility and parking areas.
• Conducts vehicular patrols of the parking areas and off site locations
• Assists with restraining violent patients
• Must be able to respond to physically demanding emergency calls
8a-4p Availability will need to be Sunday-Saturday
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.