Senior Full Stack Developer - Web Services
Senior Full Stack Developer - Web Services
This position is responsible for the architecture, development, and support of the web content management systems (WordPress and Drupal) and underlying infrastructure at Georgetown University. This position requires the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements and to efficiently acquire and utilize new skills in response to such change. The developer is expected to work within and across teams to support the acquisition of new skills and areas of expertise. The Senior Full Stack Developer has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Design the architecture of the enterprise site hosting solutions used by 300+ websites.
- Maintain the continuous deployment environment on an ongoing basis.
- Perform DevOps tasks to maintain the integrations among our backend systems (CircleCI, Pantheon, Github).
- Work with hosting vendors to ensure the security and performance of the CMS platforms.
- Develop new functionality (modules or plugins) and integrations for the CMS platforms.
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to maintain code standards and review code.
- Write and maintain documentation of back-end systems and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or related computing-intensive field
- 5+ years of experience in web development in a Senior or Lead position
- Extensive experience with enterprise CMSes—WordPress and Drupal preferred
- Understanding of the underlying WordPress architecture for both individual and multi-site instances (experience creating WordPress plugins preferred)
- Understanding of underlying Drupal architecture (including the Features module)
- Demonstrated strong knowledge in PHP, object-oriented programming, and algorithms
- Familiarity with bash/shell scripting, Git, WP CLI, Drush, install profiles, and dev/stage/prod environments
- Experience with automated testing and continuous delivery (e.g., Selenium or Behat)
- Experience developing and maintaining high-load multisite installations
- Experience creating RESTful web services and integrating web applications
- Familiarity with front-end development tools, standards, and methods
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in cloud infrastructure and DevOps
- Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate technologies for ensuring the protection and security of enterprise data and systems
- Ability to lead the research, design, development, and documentation of large complex projects/assignments with little guidance from the manager
- Communicates effectively with front-end developers, designers, and project managers
- Makes contributions to open source and presents sessions at web conferences
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.