Anticipated Educational Diagnostician
The Educational Diagnostician provides an array of educational services to students including achievement testing,
educational consultation, and academic intervention in accordance with both best practices and the policies and
regulations of the School Board.
and writes comprehensive educational reports; holds parent conferences to provide interpretation of educational
* Participates as an active member of the Child Study Committee to effect school-based interventions for general
education students; attends eligibility meetings to assist in the determination that a child has a disability and needs
special education services.
* Consults and collaborates with school administration, instructional staff, and parents regarding the individual
educational and academic needs of students utilizing curriculum-based measurement and instructional consultation
* Assists in the implementation and coaching of the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program and
provides technical assistance and consultative services to support the implementation of Response to Intervention (RTI).
* Follows current research and best practices in instruction and curriculum, learning, special education, and assessment;
provides workshops and trainings for school staff and administrators.
* Performs other duties and accepts other responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor or Director of Diagnostic and
* Master's degree required; preferably in special education or related field emphasizing assessment, learning theory, and
* Currently holds or is eligible for the Virginia Postgraduate Professional License with an endorsement in special education
or a related area.
* Has extensive experience in educational assessment, instruction, and consultation as a teacher or educational
* Demonstrates strong oral and written communication abilities and productive time management skills.
* Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, parents,
teachers, administrators, and colleagues.
* Proven expertise in curriculum-based assessment and instructional interventions.
* Knowledgeable of RTI and PBIS frameworks for instructional and behavioral interventions.
* Elementary teaching experience strongly preferred.
* Bilingual skills preferred; specifically, in Spanish.
The Educational Diagnostician reports to the Supervisor of Diagnostic Services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to touch and hold objects or
instruments and to type; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The
employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and may be required to lift up to
approximately 15 pounds.