Supervisor, Network Operations
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a leader, you will be responsible for the operational success of Intelsat's product offering through subordinate Shift Supervisor's in a 24/7 customer service environment. You will oversee escalation between several levels ranging from initial customer intake to the most complex problem resolution. You will lead in a fast-paced environment, with constantly changing technology and product offerings. The focus is on delivering a superior customer experience, characterized by minimum downtime and establishing authentic customer partnerships
Are you up to the challenge?(At least 50% of the time)
- Increase staff performance by enforcing access procedures, promptly address any customer impacting events and perform the initial troubleshooting for problems degrading any segments of the network.
- Provide high customer satisfaction level by overseeing critical real-time monitoring and control to marquee customers, including technical direction for service access, activation/deactivation.
- Enforce the efficient use of OU resources, both ground and space segment, using the scheduling software applications as requested by customers.
- Promote Intelsat culture of employee empowerment, continuous learning, customer advocacy and operational efficiencies
- Lead by example, promote teamwork, challenge status quo, create and manage a customer-oriented culture, promoting a high level of teamwork, providing a quality work environment and mentoring and coaching staff.
- Provide expertise and insight to ensure the Network Operations Center's applications, tools and processes are responding to customer demands.
- Provide direction and evaluation of the training for staff members as driver for productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain continuous customer experience improvement through process development and review.
- Foster cross-functional teamwork collaboration with other NOC shift supervisors and Solution Development staff.
Can you drive these processes?
- Meet and exceed service level performance metrics (i.e. availability, reliability, customer satisfaction and service uptime).
- Be able to work 24 X 7 rotating shifts, be capable of following company guidelines in making independent decisions under stressful conditions in a multi-tasking work environment.
- Provide RF, video, data routing and troubleshooting support for Intelsat customers and networks.
- Review service and schedule logs for discrepancies and interface with appropriate company personnel and customer contacts to resolve discrepancies.
- Must consistently display excellent situational awareness and take initiative to address both customer issues as well as departmental inefficiencies
You should definitely have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of RF, Data and Video networks highly desirable.
- Must have experience with the use of trouble reporting and logging systems.
- Must have excellent management and leadership skills, including prior people management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of satellite networks is required.
- Must have good communication and presentation skills, including prior experience in presenting technical data and metrics to non-technical audiences.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, with the ability to influence others, required.
- Manage the workflow of activities throughout the shift and ensure efficient shift handoff.
It would be nice if you had:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, etc. is highly desirable
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.