Public Relations & Marketing Specialist 3
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS) â€“ located on the Fairfax, Va., campusâ€”invites applications for a Communications & Marketing Coordinator position within the Enterprise Service Delivery group. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Communication and Marketing Coordinator (CMC) supports ITS by providing advanced-level responsibilities including conceptualizing, developing, and implementing strategic and integrated communications about ITS and its services to internal and external stakeholders consistent with the goals, objectives, priorities, processes, procedures, and activities of ITS. The CMC supports project teams in the strategic planning process and manages coordination of marketing activities. In addition, the CMC designs and distributes messages and information and implements tools using creative approaches that involve graphic design, multi-media, social media, web design, and other media to support the strategic goals and objectives of ITS and the Mason community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidant communicator with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community, including senior-level administrators;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Proven track record managing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines;
- Keen attention to detail; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and design software (preferable Adobe Creative Suite)
- Bachelors degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, or related concentration; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects, make quick judgment decisions, prioritize tasks, and meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated high degree of independence and initiative;
- Ability to work autonomously, collaboratively on a team, or step up as a leader;
- High level of creativity and latitude; and
- Experience working with content management tools.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02883z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
OTHER DOC - Writing Sample Examples of acceptable writing samples include press releases, professional blog posts, news articles, email announcements, or marketing/promotional materials that do not exceed 500 words.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :