We’re seeking a Marketing Specialist to join our high-energy team at The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy, the leading publications in the higher-education and nonprofit sectors.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the creation, execution, and effectiveness of marketing activities to meet company goals and maximize recruitment advertising revenue. You will have a demonstrated track record of executing high-impact and fully integrated product and persona marketing campaigns to achieve company objectives and drive revenue. The marketing specialist will manage campaigns from conception through completion using a project management approach, ensuring efficient use of all team resources and achievement of project goals within given timelines.
This position is key to The Chronicle’s new business objectives and provides an opportunity to grow with us.
- Manage the planning, development, and execution of outbound marketing activities to support The Chronicle’s job seeker and job poster business.
- Generate creative campaign concepts leveraging a range of internal and external marketing channels to support sales objectives and revenue generation initiatives.
- Produce marketing campaign assets, including the creation of emails and landing pages, and social media and paid advertising programs.
- Track performance of all campaign components including e-mails, landing pages, print ads, banner ads, social media efforts, and other assets, adjusting the campaign as necessary to meet goals.
- Work closely with the marketing, sales, technology and creative services teams to conceptualize and execute compelling campaigns that deliver on business objectives.
- Work with sales management and marketing team to enable the sales organizations.
- Develop a consistent flow of sales leads to augment outbound sales activities in direct support of recruitment sales team.
- Manage project schedules to ensure that deadlines are met and provide weekly updates to senior management as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or equivalent field of study is preferred.
- 2-7 years of experience in a product or campaign marketing role, preferably with 2 years working in a publishing/media environment.
- Demonstrated track record in executing integrated campaigns using a variety of mediums including email marketing and social media.
- Experience in generating qualified leads that directly impacted sales.
- Direct experience with email and online tools such as Eloqua and Adobe Marketing Cloud.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze campaign performance.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Excellent writing skills, especially able to write with a strong “voice”.