Manager, Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
50% or less - The primary work location for this position is at a facility located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. This position may require traveling between the Alternate Computing Facility and the Capitol's campus.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
Minimum of 5 years in security
1. Demonstrated experience in leading a geographically diverse engineering team with emphasis in managing all engineering, scheduling design, implementation, operations and maintenance and deployment activities.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in security with an emphasis in engineering design, configuration, implementation, operations and maintenance of a variety of security technologies.
3. Demonstrated hands-on experience with network (LAN and WAN), storage/backup, platforms (Windows/Linux Servers and desktop), virtual platforms, firewalls, routers and intrusion detection systems.
4. Ability to prioritize and manage time based projects on the importance of deadlines. Demonstrates the ability to multi-task, use a variety of resources, people, and information to get things done; understands what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; and respects the time of other colleagues.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of risk analysis, system vulnerabilities, network topologies, server/workstation configuration, auditing logs, system administration and general information security policies and procedures. Experience in developing and implementing information security policies and procedures.
6. Ability to resolve problems by breaking down issues, finding possible solutions and working with others to find solutions to complex problems.
7. Knowledge of different operating systems.
8. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected officials, senior staff, information systems professionals, and technical and non-technical users.
9. Ability to comprehend and integrate complex computer technology and software into an effective information systems security program.
10. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, users, contractors, and vendors.
11. Expertise with automating complex tasks via scripting languages (Perl, PowerShell, Python, etc..) is a plus.
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
CISSP or CISM required
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veteran's Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should contact a CAO Human Resources representative at CAOHumanResources@mail.house.gov for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check (or other applicable security clearance) and a pre-employment drug-test (pre-identified position only).Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Highly qualified candidates will be evaluated based on a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No