Management and Program Analyst
5 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 19-DO-195. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience for the GS-12: For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes all of the following:
- Performing a variety of administrative management practices, procedures, and organizational techniques This could include but is not limited to interpreting and analyzing office administrative operations and policies, recommending changes to improve effectiveness and consistency of operations, researching and interpreting information needed to prepare reports, and/or responding to requests for information; AND
- Working with automated office systems such as word processing, databases, graphics presentation, and/or spreadsheet software; AND
- Experience in independently carrying out assignments in various administrative programs.
Specialized experience for the GS-11: For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes all of the following:
- Performing administrative management practices and procedures and organizational functions such as interpreting office administrative operations, responding to requests for information, and/or recommending changes to improve effectiveness of operations; AND
- Working with automated office systems such as word processing, databases, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet software; AND
- Assisting in carrying out assignments in various administrative programs. OR
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in a field related to the position; OR
3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; OR
LL.M., if related to the position; OR
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 36 semester hours (54 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
Specialized experience for the GS-09: For the GS-9, you must have one full year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 level. Specialized experience for this position includes the following:
- Performing administrative practices and procedures such as responding to requests for information and/or working with automated office systems; OR
Education: Master's or equivalent graduate degree in a field related to the position; OR
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; OR
LL.B. or J.D., if related to the position. OR
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 18 semester hours (27 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Systems and technology, customer service, organizational awareness, and communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, A, B, or C depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No