Special Projects Assistant
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume must include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week.
Candidates must meet the Qualification Standards Handbook requirements for the GS-301-7. A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 in the Federal service. Specialized experience:
- 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 level in the federal service. Specialized experience is professional experience providing administrative support to an executive management official within a museum, gallery or cultural institution (including internships), with exposure to sensitive and confidential information and matters; Candidates must reflect in their submitted USAJOBS résumés the possession of this specialized experience. If their résumé does not include such specialized experience, they will be ineligible for this position
- 1 full year of graduate education in a directly related field of study, OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additionally, candidates who meet the following Superior Academic Achievement provision will be eligible for employment consideration for this vacancy. In order to apply based upon this provision, applicants must submit a complete undergraduate transcript indicating their cumulative grade-point average. Failure to submit the transcript will disqualify them from consideration. Candidates must meet one of the listed criteria:
1) Class standing – applicants must be in the upper 1/3 of their college or university graduating class
2) Grade-point average – applicants must have a grade-point average of 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on 4 years of education OR 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of required courses completed in their major field of study
3) Honor society membership – applicants will be considered basically qualified based on their membership in one of certain national scholastic honor societies.
Your application and resume must demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must show in your résumé how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. If asked to do so, cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
Those applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be evaluated against these factors to determine the best-qualified candidates.
1. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with both internal staff members and external contacts, demonstrating a sound knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
2. Knowledge of general and specific research techniques and ability to analyze and coordinate information.
3. Skill in proofreading documents with a demonstrated attention to detail.
4. Skill in office administration and management with the capability to develop, organize, and maintain effective office systems and files (both hard copy and online).
5. Skill with word processing and database management system to organize and maintain accurate databases to produce lists and reports.
6. Knowledge of administrative operations related to a museum, gallery, or cultural institution.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Are you using education to qualify?
Although this position does not have a positive education requirement, you may submit copies of your transcripts or a course listing. You must provide documentation supporting your education claims.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The National Gallery of Art uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements of this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to determine if your qualifications meet the criteria for referral to the selecting official.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your evaluation rating may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No