Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your resume states complete information for each job entry. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year (MM/YYYY), and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume. If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
- For the GS-12 grade level: You must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
- For the GS-13 grade level: You must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
A. Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's degree in economics that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting or calculus. (Masters in Economics preferred, but not required.)
B. Have a combination of education that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting or calculus AND experience that involve the use and understanding of economic principles and theories. Examples of qualifying experience include (1) individual economic research assignments requiring planning, information assembly, analysis and evaluation, conclusions and report preparation; (2) supervisory or project coordination assignments involving a staff of professional economists, and requiring the evaluation and interpretation of economic information; or (3) teaching assignments in a college or university that included both class instruction in economics subjects and one of the following (a) personal research that produced evidence of results, (b) direction of graduate theses in economics, or (c) service as a consultant or advisor on technical economics problems.
Additional Qualification for GS-12 level:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as:
- Conducting analyses for minor components of reports;
- Preparing short memos or analyses; and
- Conducting standard statistical tests between means and between proportions.
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties, such as:
- Conducting analyses for entire, final reports (or significant subcomponents of major studies);
- Initiating researching, planning, interpreting findings, and preparing results of analyses conducted; and
- Utilizing standard econometric techniques (e.g., OLS) and software packages.
Please see the sections "Qualifications" and "Required Documents" for additional education information.
- Once applications are submitted, applicants will not be able to change their responses to the occupational questionnaire.
- This opportunity is also open to all U.S. Citizens (no prior federal service required) under Announcement 2019-06-DH. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- We may fill like positions within 12 months of closing the closing date.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- A 1-year probationary period is required (unless previously completed).
- A Public Trust background investigation is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer. Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- May be required to obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- May be required to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume will result in a "not qualified" determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Oral Communication
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a score of 80 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No