Human Resources Specialist(Benefits/Payroll)
Occasional travel - limited occasions
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy questions. Your resume is an integral part of the process for determining if you meet the basic qualifications of the position and determine if you are to be among the best qualified.
Applicants must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience includes the following: For GS-12: Specialized experience includes the following:
- serving as a technical expert of employee benefits program;
- administering an agency/company retirement and benefits program and providing advice to management and employees;
- developing agency/company guidance documents and procedures related to benefits; and
- operating an automated personnel/payroll system and its range of capabilities and technical requirements or serve as a technical expert on payroll issues, new pay legislation, GAO payroll regulations, Comptroller general’s decisions, and National Finance Center operating procedures.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applicants will be rated on the extent and quality of experience and education relevant to the duties of the position. An automated score is administered based on the online application process used. Eligible applicants will receive a numerical rating based on their responses to the job specific questions for this position.
There are several parts to the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application including:
1. the core questions
2. the vacancy questions
3. supplemental documentation (e.g., DD-214, SF-50, SF-15, transcripts), if applicable; and
4. your resume.
Applicants will be rated ineligible if they do not respond to job specific questions provide supplemental documents and submit a resume. For more information, please click on Rating Process
You will be evaluated for this position on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs):
- Skill in applying Retirement, Payroll, Health, and Life Benefits and other personnel regulations, laws, and procedures.
- Ability to identify problems, determine the accuracy and relevance of information in order to generate and evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals at various levels both within and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No