Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify for this GS-14 Budget Analyst position, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have one full year of specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to at least the GS-13 level in the federal service. Examples of qualifying experience include the following types of tasks performed on a regular and recurring basis:
- Formulating budgets for various organizational components that are diverse in size and levels of complexity;
- Providing guidance and direction to staff on budget legislation, policies, processes, and procedures;
- Providing day-to-day guidance and advice on the examination and processing of financial, accounting, and budget programs; and
- Preparing and maintaining complex operating budget along with allocating the funds.
Current status candidates must meet Time-in-Grade (TIG) by the closing date of this announcement. To allow us to verify that you meet TIG requirements, provide any of the following SF-50s:
- Competitive or Career-ladder promotion to your highest grade (this does not include 120 day temporary promotions)
- With-In-Grade (WGI) increase at your highest grade (this does not include quality step increases (QSIs)
- Competitive career/career-conditional appointment to your highest grade.
- SF-50 at your highest grade held, that is at least one year older than the announcement closing date of 03/21/2019.
Current year pay adjustments are not acceptable for verifying TIG (ex. 2018 general increases cannot be used to verify TIG).
Not sure which SF-50 to submit? Check out our video... Go here to watch the video on the SF50s to submit in your application package.
This position does not have an education requirement. Please do not send transcripts.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
HHS is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other differences.
Click here for information on "Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities".
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: SAMHSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Creditable Service: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for annual leave for prior work experience directly related to the duties of the position being filled. The use of this service credit is at the discretion of the selecting official and must be finalized prior to selectee's entrance on duty. For more information, please click here.
- Financial Disclosure: This position requires you to file a public or confidential financial disclosure report prior to receiving a final offer letter as well as within 30 days of your appointment. This will require you to report information such as recent sources of income, financial interests you hold, and outside activities you participate in, as well as similar information from a spouse or any dependent children. If you have questions, please contact AskHR@hrsa.gov.
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 Copy), or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. Click here for more information on veterans' preference.
Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): Click here
SAMHSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Applicants will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- FEDERAL BUDGET PROCESS - Understands and complies with the Federal Budget process, including budget formulation, presentation and execution.
- COMPLIANCE - Knowledge of procedures for assessing, evaluating, and monitoring programs or projects for compliance with Federal laws, regulations, and guidance.
- ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT - Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resource allocation, and production.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT - Prepares, justifies, and/or administers the budget for program areas; plans, administers and monitors expenditures to ensure cost-effective support of programs and policies; assesses financial condition of an organization.
TO PREVIEW THE OCCUPATIONAL ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE, please click on the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10447431 Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No