Principal Software Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your role in helping us shape the future:
This role is for a motivated Oracle EBS developer to work as part of team that is enhancing the capabilities of Oracle E-Business Suite which is one of our primary business support systems. In this role you will get a chance to identify, design, develop, implement and maintain solutions for Financials, Supply Chain and HRMS modules.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Building and supporting application technical components for all in use Oracle EBS modules (GL, AP, AR, FA, HRMS, PO, OTL, OSC) based on business needs to promote and ensure re-usability.
- Collaborating with DBAs and department management on the architecture and design of all product development efforts.
- Conducting system analysis and performance profiling to identify critical areas for modification to ensure highest possible quality of code for scalability and performance.
- Supporting Oracle through timely maintenance updates and active bug resolution with operations personnel.
Can you drive these processes?
Requirement Analysis; System Adoption
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field with at least three to five years of full life cycle development experience.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years (preferred) of experience with Oracle E-Business Suite in AP, AR, GL, FA, PO modules, 7+ years (preferred) of experience in APls and 7+ years' experience (preferred) with Oracle Database and Oracle Developer tools (Forms/Reports/Bi Publisher).
- Expert level knowledge in Reports, SQL, PL/SQL and in other RDBMS concepts required, as well as knowledge of Oracle configurations / setups for R12 E-Business Suite, table structures, schemas and knowledge of accounting concepts.
- Ability to design, plan for implementation and oversee deployment of all technical aspects of Oracle EBS including installation and upgrades
- Creativity, professionalism, proactiveness and an interest in new technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical persons.
- The ability to analyze problems and communicate and propose resolutions to issues.
It would be nice if you had:
- Basic understanding of Accounting Principles
- Prior experience with Oracle Workflow Builder and extensibility using OAF
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.