MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR (ACT TEAM)
The Department of Human Services is a seeking a dynamic and experienced clinician to serve as the Supervisor of the Addiction Corrections Treatment (ACT) program within its' Behavioral Health Division. The Supervisor leads a team of four (4) clinicians who are responsible for providing intensive substance use treatment to incarcerated adults at the Arlington County Detention Facility. This leadership position will collaborate with the Sheriff's Office, various referral agencies, local community groups, criminal justice professionals, as well as with jail staff regarding the program operations and treatment.
To learn more about Arlington County's Behavioral Division, please visit our website.
- Supervising clinicians and managing their workload to ensure documentation and service capture expectations are met;
- Planning, directing, and evaluating the implementation of programs, services, policies, and procedures to meet the required standards of quality;
- Writing and creating policies, operating procedures, reports to accreditation agencies, budget narratives, and grant applications;
- Managing the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Agency grant and providing mandatory quarterly statistics and reports;
- Collaborating with criminal justice partners to ensure the mental health needs of those served in ACDF are met; and
- Representing the County in community meetings to address criminal justice needs.
- A Master's degree in a clinical discipline including Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, Psychiatric Nursing, or other directly related clinical discipline, all of which required a clinical practicum involving diagnostic and treatment services prior to graduation;
- Considerable (at least three years) of full-time post-Master's Degree experience providing clinical therapy and other mental health services, and the application of diagnostic and treatment services including:
- Two years of full-time experience providing mental health treatment services to adults; and
- One year of full-time experience coordinating/administering services.
Substitution: Directly related higher level clinical degrees may substitute for the Master's Degree education requirement and one year of full-time clinical therapy and other mental health services experience.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Licensure in the State of Virginia â€“ LCSW, LPC, LCP, LMFT;
- Working in corrections;
- Supervisory experience;
- Writing or managing grants; and/or
- Certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC).
Please note: A letter of application is required. Please attach a letter to this application which details how your background and experience have met the qualifications and prepared you for this position..
Applicant must possess, or obtain by the time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence or the applicant must have the ability and willingness to use alternative methods of transportation to perform assigned duties and responsibilities at locations other than the primary worksite. If the applicant possesses or acquires a license, the applicant must provide or authorize Arlington County to obtain a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent on a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
A pre-hire background check will be made on all candidates who are selected for employment. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Selected candidates must complete pre-hire federal background check and State of Virginia Central Registry Check.
Work Hours: 40 hrs per week, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Some evenings and Saturday work may be required.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the application process. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.