Senior Project Manager
Sparks Group is seeking a dynamic, high performing Senior Project Manager to join a company in Rockville, MD that specializes in public health communications. We’re looking for someone with experience in creating and executing impactful communications, brand and message strategies for both established and new health education initiatives and campaigns. Your primary responsibility will be to grow the brand of a federal client focused on tobacco education, prevention, and regulation. The ideal candidate has a passion for public health, a history of innovative thinking, and the capacity to come up with multiple ways of solving a problem.
- Leading ideation sessions with senior leaders and stakeholders and developing strategies for public health brands to build awareness of important health issues.
- Writing creative briefs and presentations for both established and new campaigns that include overall strategy, positioning, messaging, and creative inspiration.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders to conduct market research and develop campaign content.
- Using qualitative/quantitative research and cultural trends to tell a story.
- Directing campaign/program initiatives from conception to evaluation.
- Maintaining frequent interaction with client, communicating regularly on campaign milestones.
- Delivering regular detailed reports of campaign results and metrics, including ROI reports and evaluation of key performance indicators, to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Briefing the creative team about marketing projects they’ll be developing for clients.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams (research, creative, paid media, social, web, cultural experts) to ensure strategy shines through in creative development.
- Leading and contributing to business development efforts such as proposal development and marketing/pitch meetings.
- Maintaining accurate up-to-date project budgets, vendor SOWs, and contract reporting.
- Staying current on marketing campaign trends to deliver best-in-class products to our clients.
- Overseeing the project work of internal employees and some client staff working on the campaigns, including engaging and mentoring the campaign team and providing guidance and support on their performance and career development.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor and Master or MBA degrees in disciplines related to marketing or communications.
- Minimum 6 years of applicable experience, preferably in the public health sector and with an agency background.
- Knowledge of the tobacco landscape, including tobacco regulations, major public health concerns, novel tobacco products, tobacco manufacturers, and tobacco campaigns is required.
- Applicable experience which must include demonstrated success in managing marketing, health education or awareness campaigns in the public health and/or in a government contracting environment.
- Creative thinker with expertise in communicating complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience building client relationships and pitching new ideas.
- Experience leading business development and proposal development efforts.
- Experience on a range of client accounts, including government, nonprofits, corporations, etc.
- Experience with 360 accounts including digital & experiential.
- Experience in leading and supervising a communications/marketing team.
- A good listener, collaborator, and influencer.
- Ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to travel to the client site and to client events.
- The ability to work independently of any direct day-to-day supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, strong organization, initiative and follow-through.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changing requirements and conditions.
- A problem-solving mindset where you can identify and resolve problems in a team environment.
- A collaborative nature – this role requires you to work well with others and handle ever-changing day-to-day situations with an acceptable, reasonable approach.
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.