Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The Position and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Associate Provost for Academic Initiatives & Services, the University Registrar provides strategic planning, direction and management for a staff of approximately 36 individuals on multiple campuses. The University Registrar must provide dynamic leadership and thoughtful administration in an environment of perennial change. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The University Registrar is responsible for managing the student information system (Ellucian Banner), academic records, transcripts, certification, domicile appeal, graduation, registration, class and exam scheduling, catalog development, and preparation of decision reports on student data. The University Registrar plays a proactive and strategic role in assisting in policy development, and in coordinating with the colleges and schools to ensure that administrative policies and procedures work efficiently and effectively; in this role, the incumbent serves as a liaison to the Deans offices, the Faculty Senate, the Undergraduate and the Graduate Council.
The University Registrar will also participate in institution-wide enrollment management efforts, such as retention improvement initiatives. The University Registrar also serves as the NCAA certifying officer; serves as the university-designated official responsible for maintaining confidentiality of student records and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) compliance; and supervises other institutional certification functions including veterans benefit eligibility, in-state tuition privileges, and commencement.
Required Qualifications: The successful candidate must meet the following minimal qualifications:
- A masters degree;
- Substantial demonstrated experience (five years is preferred) in a college or university registrars office;
- Experience as a registrar or associate registrar in a public university;
- Strong communication skills;
- Evidence of collaborative leadership and strong personal integrity;
- Ability to work with diverse university constituents;
- Significant managerial experience and demonstrated accomplishments on major projects requiring innovation and creative thinking;
- Strong analytical, planning, writing, organization skills;
- A sound understanding of university governance structures, and academic policies and regulations in higher education. Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the minimal qualifications, successful candidates should have the following:
- Insight into the effective application of technology to solve complex challenges;
- Experience with partnerships, collaborations, consortia, and dual/joint degree arrangements;
- Knowledge of current issues in international higher education.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :