Director, Counseling and Psychological Services
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Director, Counseling and Psychological Services
George Mason University Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) seeks a full-time, experienced psychologist and college student mental health leader (1.0 FTE, with benefits) to provide operational leadership and oversight for counseling and psychological services within an IACS accredited college counseling center supporting the inclusive well-being of students at George Mason University. This position reports to the Associate Dean/Chief Mental Health Officer in the division of University Life. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Counseling and Psychological Services promotes the emotional growth, well-being, and academic success for a diverse student body. CAPS provides culturally sensitive mental health and learning services, prevention programming and outreach, and training for emerging mental health professionals.
- Collaborate with the Chief Mental Health Officer in strategic planning and implementation of mission, goals, and initiatives supporting student mental health and inclusive well-being;
- Serve as CAPS representative and liaison to key campus stakeholders, in coordination with the Chief Mental Health Officer;
- Oversee implementation and evaluation of policies, procedures, and programs related to counseling and psychological services;
- Ensure all CAPS services, programs, policies and procedures are consistent with the university and divisions goals of promotion of inclusive well-being;
- Provide leadership and oversight of daily center operations: efficient and effective clinical service provision; management of staffing, budget, space, and equipment; data reporting (accountability, utilization, outcome/impact); training; outreach/prevention; and technology needs ensuring consistent performance across unit, division, and institutional goals;
- Ensure compliance with legal, ethical, and professional standards in all areas of service delivery;
- Provide oversight and leadership for the recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of a diverse, multidisciplinary staff;
- Provide clinical consultation to staff clinicians;
- Provide direct clinical services to students and documentation of services within guidelines;
- Provide crisis consultation through daytime and after hours on-call systems, and provide consultation services to parents, faculty, staff, and students;
- Participate in the training program through clinical supervision and/or teaching;
- Serve on committees that address campus safety and security and inclusive well-being (e.g., campus threat assessment team, students of concern team, committees related to emergency preparedness, etc.) as needed, assigned, or in the absence of the Chief Mental Health Officer.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology;
- Licensed psychologist or eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia within one year of employment;
- At least five (5) years of practice in a clinical setting;
- Experience providing clinical supervision. Preferred Qualifications:
- Five years of experience in a college or university counseling center setting, to include at least 3 years of supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved;
- Knowledge of counseling center accreditation standards;
- Evidence of multicultural competence, cultural humility, and commitment to supporting diverse populations;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA493Z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter that identifies your interest and qualifications for this position, a resume/CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information. This position will remain open until filled. For questions, candidates may contact Nina Joshi, Office Manager, at 703-993-2380.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :