Outsourced Senior Accountant
Looking for an experienced level accountant role at an energetic & passionate company? Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, a Bethesda, MD CPA Firm is in search of a Senior Accountant to join our Outsourced Accounting and Advisory Services team.
In this position, you will help supervise and execute engagements that center on cloud based accounting systems like Sage Intacct and QuickBooks Online. Our team based environment requires the ability to prioritize projects, collaborate with others, learn new technologies and interface with clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates various phases of engagements; plans engagements; budgets time & expenses; monitors actual performance against budget; reviews working papers for accuracy & completeness, communicates with clients
- Studies and evaluates clients' internal controls
- Provides supervision and on-the-job training to staff assigned to engagement
- Trains staff members, offers guidance and direction and gives constructive criticism
- Assists clients with an understanding of financial reporting and other accounting matters
- Ensures that deliverables are prepared in accordance with generally accepted professional and firm standards
- Communicates engagement's progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the client and the partner in charge
- Maintain strong client relationships with a focus on customer service
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3 years or more experience in public accounting or private industry, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of engagements managed. A concentration in nonprofit organizations preferred. Prior CPA firm experience is preferred
- Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant's license, or be in active preparation to sit for the CPA exam
- Strong proficiency in QuickBooks and Sage Intacct preferred
- Experience with cloud based applications such as Bill.com, Tallie, Expensify, Concur is preferred
- Organize projects, set priorities and delegate tasks under evolving circumstances for different clients & partners
- Keep long term objectives in mind while focusing on daily activities
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive firm and client information
- Mentor and train staff
This is a full time position. Our office is located 2 blocks from the metro. Our benefits include a 401(k) plan, paid individual medical and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!