Program Manager / Counselor
Requires: Board of Professional Counselors/Therapists Certification (Supervisor)
Visit our website to complete an online application @ www.mosaicinc.org
Or send resume to: email@example.com
Under general supervision and requiring independent judgment; is responsible directing the operations of all MHCC grant projects and the monitoring and tracking of all expenses related to grants disbursed by the Maryland Health Care Commission.
Principal Responsibilities and duties:
- Complete initial co-occurring assessments and individual counseling with all clients.
- Provide an organizational structure that is satisfying and helpful to the clients who are served.
- Ensure program compliance with all regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Provide, implement, and maintain a system for continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure that the programs mission and its services are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Supervise, train, and discipline addictions counselors and manage their roles to provide specific services.
- Keep programs within budgeted expenditures and develop programming and structure that ensures that budgeted revenues are obtained.
- Attend and participate in Agency meetings and other community and service organizations to keep informed and provide feedback.
- Maintain professional education and competence through participation in ongoing meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Keep abreast of current trends and developments in the field.
- Serve as liaison between Parole and Probation, Montgomery County, Department of Social Services, and Mosaic's executive team.
- Perform all other direct, job related duties as is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and skills in organizational management and supervision normally acquired through a Master’s Degree in Human Services or a related degree field as well as 4+ years of direct job related experience, and the proper licensure that is required by COMAR of Maryland.
- Skills and background necessary to supervise counselors.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with community organizations.
- Ability and desire to work with and advocate for a disabled population.
- Able to monitor, revise, and understand the program budgetary process.
- Must possess a current MD State issued Driver's License and have a current driving record with 3 or fewer points on it.
- Normal activity-center environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust or noise. Depending on position, may have same exposure to cigarette smoke in area designated for client smoking.
- Hours of work are structured in an eight (8) hour block but may be subject to irregular hours based on program needs.
- Depending on specific assignment, work may require travel between programs and services.
Apply for Program Manager / Counselor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly