Program Officer-Seafood Markets Outreach- 19090
The Markets and Food Goal seeks a Program Officer- Seafood Markets Outreach for our Seafood Markets and Aquaculture teams under the joint supervision of the Senior Directors of Seafood and Aquaculture. This position will have the lead responsibility for implementing communications and related activities to assure that knowledge generated by the Aquaculture and Seafood Markets teams reaches targeted audiences and that modes of conveying this knowledge are effectively framed for achieving practical changes improving sustainability of wild-capture and farmed product at the international and national level. The position will be required to assist with projects focused on providing guidance to company partners focused on developing and implementing commitments to improve the sustainability of their sourcing of wild-capture and farmed seafood product. Please note that this is a limited-term position until May 2021.
This position will advance WWF's overarching seafood markets engagement strategy with a primary focus on aquaculture. The job holder will work with network office colleagues, private sector partnerships, and precompetitive seafood platforms to develop communications materials with the primary audience being the private sector. The job holder will develop a communications plan, write creative content, develop communications material with support of a creative designer.
Specifically, this position will:
- Create and promote compelling messages and materials supporting traceable, conversion-free, resource efficient shrimp production that WWF program staff and partners can use for direct stakeholder engagement, with a focus on multinational corporate engagement, among other audiences.
- Generate earned media coverage of core issues to create atmospheric pressure to drive:
- Supply chain stakeholders—platforms and individual companies—to set and fulfill commitments to responsibly source wild-capture and farmed seafood product, and
- Technology and consulting sectors to keep traceability solutions open source.
- Facilitate information sharing and coordination with US Oceans team, US Markets and Food team, and global network practices.
- Engage WWF's members, fans, and followers to understand why we work on responsible seafood production and procurement, how we're having an impact, and what they can do to support these efforts.
- Design templates and guidance for publications and other communications products relating to Seafood Markets and Aquaculture work, and works with project personnel, partners and others to assure compliance with quality and design standards.
- Develop and deliver publication layout and distribution, social media profile and presence, and other communications materials.
- Implement other technical and administrative functions to support project communications such as responding to requests for information and developing systems for managing communications materials and resources.
- Monitor and analyze new information, policy development issues, and trends related to seafood markets and advise others accordingly. Keep abreast of issues relevant to project communications. Responsible for gathering data relevant to specific project elements from conservation and governance peers, governmental agencies, media and universities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's in a related field is required, such as development communication, mass communication, marketing, journalism, natural resources management, coastal management, or conservation policy. A graduate degree is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of five years of experience leading and executing communications development, or relevant similar work, is required. Experience with industry audiences and/or pre-competitive industry platforms is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to use layout and design software such as Adobe InDesign or Microsoft Office Publisher, and to provide and continuously update web site content utilizing a CMS platform such as WordPress, Dreamweaver or Drupal, is essential.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, research and writing skills.
- Strong project communications skills and ability to convey complex issues simply to target audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of research communications and knowledge management strategies, especially related to renewable natural resources (fisheries, forests, wildlife) and/or public governance issues, is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals, across cultures and time zones.
- Fluency in English is essential, and additional language proficiency is an advantage.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required.
- Please Note: This is a Limited Term position funded until May 2021. Extension may be a possibility but is not guaranteed.
- Must be available to start no more than four weeks after job offer.
- Relocation assistance is not provided.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/gk5fvhfqfft9v2qw