LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel on occasion for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
GS-12 level specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
1. Experience developing detailed plans, goals, objectives and milestones, and evaluation criteria for important logistic support programs and related activities.
2. Experience providing logistical support and technical expertise to resolve high priority life cycle logistics problems.
3. Experience determining requirements for funds, manpower, facilities, equipment, transportation, training, supplies and support services.
GS-13 level specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
1. Experience analyzing interrelated issues of effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity, developing recommendations to resolve issues and problems, and applying program and logistics management principles to ensure program accomplishment.
2. Experience developing, identifying, defining, and resolving complex technical, financial, and management issues related to integrated logistics support.
3. Experience representing the organization on logistics matters with representatives of internal and external organizations including other commands, federal agencies, and the private sector.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0300/logistics-management-series-0346/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
As vacancies occur, the Human Resources Office will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this flyer. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume, along with your supporting documentation.
If selected, you may be required to provide additional supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All qualification requirements must be met before being considered for any vacancies.