Knowledge Management Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $96,970.00 per year.
To qualify, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as applying knowledge management issues and concepts to develop and apply business information solutions and strategies; skill in identifying, developing, and utilizing various evaluative techniques in support of the sharing of organizational knowledge; gathering information from multiple sources using analytical techniques; and designing and implementing knowledge management systems to optimize the flow of information to support key business functions related to workforce management, training and development, leasing, facilities management, design and construction, acquisition, and portfolio management.
Bargaining Unit status: N/A
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; or through other GSA Organizations.
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #1911145CFMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to apply experimental theories and new developments to problems not susceptible to treatment by accepted methods and to make decisions or recommendations significantly changing, interpreting or developing important public policies or programs.
- Knowledge of governing laws, regulations, methodologies and/or policies to provide sound and authoritative technical guidance on all issues related to the assigned program.
- Ability to apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness.
- Ability to conduct formal briefings for higher level management to provide recommendations or action plans.
Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No