Visual Information Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Occasional overseas travel to Afghanistan may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe work which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: designing and developing visual materials such as reports, design decisions and techniques to be used, and transforming information into a visual product.
- Knowledge of visual and graphic techniques to:
- Knowledge of website design and maintenance.
- Skill in laying out complex documents and must have experience with Adobe Creative Suites.
- Ability to select visual materials such as photographs, illustrations, etc. that will be used in the communication of information; design the placement and appearance of visual materials; design the placement of text in relation to the art; decide type styles and typographical effects; and plan effective use of color schemes, textures, and shapes considering the technical constraints of a particular method of communication.
The purpose of this position is to design visual products, mainly the quarterly report, characterized by their novelty and unusual scale involving a variety of media or individual visual components. The products typically require specifying, accepting, and when necessary, incorporating custom-produced photographs, illustrations, murals, maps, or other types of visual information.
Designs are critical to the production of the information that has far reaching impact, including the U.S. Congress and other Federal agencies.
The incumbent is responsible for making decisions on design, techniques, precise subject matter content, and the aspects of the subject matter to be emphasized. Because there is no previous visual treatment of the subject matter due to its novelty or unique nature, the incumbent plays the major role in transforming ideas and information into a visual product. The employee typically decides what aspects of the subject matter will be depicted and emphasized as well as how each will be depicted.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirements using experience alone- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- This position may be considered essential to the overall support of the SIGAR mission. If considered emergency essential, failure to meet emergency essential requirements may result in separation for the efficiency of the Federal Service (Ch. 75, Title 5 USC; FPM Ch. 752).
- This position may require travel to Afghanistan. In support of this travel, the incumbent will be required to meet minimum standards of fitness for deployment to the U.S. Central Command region to include the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.
- Must complete a Form SF312, Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.