Occasional travel - Must be able to secure and maintain a travel card.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Undergo and pass a pre-employment background check.
- Undergo and pass a full scope background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens
- Applicants must apply online via USAJOBS (see “How to Apply” section)
This is a Pathway RECENT GRADUATES vacancy announcement with a positive education requirement.
What that means is that an applicant MUST satisfy both the Pathways RECENT GRADUATES criteria as well as the education requirement for an Auditor as is required by the Office of Personnel Management Qualification standards.
ELIGIBILITY FOR RECENT GRADUATES PROGRAM: To be eligible, applicants must apply within 2 years of completing a qualifying educational program, i.e., within the previous 2 years, the recent graduate must have completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Applications are considered only if they are received no later than 2 years from the date all requirements for a qualifying degree or certificate are met. Under the Recent Graduates Program, individuals are given a 1-year appointment to an entry-level position designed to provide a developmental experience that will lead to a career and a permanent position in the Federal Government. Permanent and/or career conversions for this vacancy is not guaranteed through this vacancy announcement. Management reserves the right to fill positions through other alternatives.
VETERANS’ ELIGIBILITY: The 2-year period of eligibility will be extended for preference eligible veterans who are precluded from applying within the two-year window, due to a military service obligation. In such cases, veterans will have up to 2 years from the date of discharge or release from active duty to apply for the Recent Graduates Program, but eligibility cannot extend for more than 6 years after the date on which the individual completed his or her educational requirements. Veterans MUST show verification of service obligation during period in question.
Applicants must demonstrate in their resume and responses to the vacancy questions that they meet the basic OPM qualifications as well as qualifications described below. Applicants must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements for the position advertised within 30 days of the closing date of the vacancy.
To qualify for this position, ALL applicants MUST meet the basic education requirement and specialized experience as outlined.
For the full definition of the Pathways Program (Recent Graduates), including requirements and rules, go to: https://www.opm.gov/about-us/careers-at-opm/students-recent-graduates/
To qualify for a GS-5 level: In addition to satisfying the education requirement, specialized experience/requirement for this grade is an applicant who exhibits basic working knowledge of auditing principles and practices such as the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards. To qualify based on degree substitution for this grade level, an applicant must have a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree; or, 3 years of general experience; 1 of which is equivalent to a GS-4 grade level, as explained.
To qualify for a GS-7 level: In addition to satisfying the education requirement, specialized experience for this grade is work where an applicant exhibits basic working knowledge of auditing principles and practices such as the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, and have performed auditing and/or auditing assistant duties similar to those advertised. To qualify based on a degree substitution for this grade level, an applicant must have 1 full year of graduate level education or verified superior academic achievement; or, 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 grade level, as explained.
To qualify for the GS-9 level: In addition to satisfying the education requirement, specialized experience for this grade is work where an applicant exhibits working knowledge of auditing principles and practices such as the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, and performed audits on policies, systems, and/or duties of an Auditor on audits of policies and/or systems within an organization or federal agency. To qualify based on a degree substitution for this grade level, an applicant must have a master's or equivalent graduate degree; or, 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or, 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-7 grade level, as explained.
PROFESSIONAL DEGREE QUALIFICATIONS
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN AUDITOR POSITION, APPLICANTS MUST SATISFY THIS BASIC REQUIREMENT IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE PATHWAYS DEFINITION FOR RECENT GRADUATE.
Basic Education Requirements: Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.");
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: None
- This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
This vacancy will be rated and ranked according to method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of auditing principles and practices such as the Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
- Ability to conduct financial and performance audits.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Skill in the analysis of programs to identify high risk areas for audits.
Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified
Your answers will be verified by your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, your score may be lowered which could place you in a lower category.
Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If further assessments are used, you will be provided with instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No