Chief Human Capital Officer
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Permanent Change in Station (PCS) may be authorized. For information visit http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
MANDATORY EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): All applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following ECQs. Your narrative must address each ECQ separately. Additional information on ECQs is available at: http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/qualify.asp. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action and Results model outlined in the guide. It is recommended that you draft your ECQs in a Word document and then upload into the system.
1. Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION (TQ)s: In addition, all applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following TQ(s). Please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled managing a large public or private sector organization that administers complex, rules-based benefits or services, etc. It is recommended that you draft your TQ(s) in a word document and then upload into the system.
TQ1: Demonstrated experience in providing executive leadership in the development,· implementation, and management of a comprehensive human capital office for a large public or private sector organization.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Veteran Preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service.: https://www.opm.gov/faqs/QA.aspx?fid=fcd37029-d607-4fec-a8d6-faecbdb08eef&pid=6d668276-0086-49e3-aa1e-bccfb2bcb379.
Drug Testing: All applicants tentatively selected for VA Senior Executive Service employment in any position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
Incumbents of this position will be subject to a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Step 1: ECQ qualifications
Step 2: Technical Qualification(s)
Step 3: VA Executive Resources Board
Step 4: Nominating Organization may conduct interviews
Step 5: Approval by the Selecting Official (may include additional screening)
Step 6: OPM Qualifications Review Board certification