Knowledge Management Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no, or appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $96,970.00 per year.
To qualify, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as applying knowledge management issues and concepts to develop and apply business information solutions and strategies; skill in identifying, developing, and utilizing various evaluative techniques in support of the sharing of organizational knowledge; gathering information from multiple sources using analytical techniques; and designing and implementing knowledge management systems to optimize the flow of information to support key business functions related to workforce management, training and development, leasing, facilities management, design and construction, acquisition, and portfolio management.
Bargaining Unit status: N/A
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement or in other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.
We are also accepting applications from all U.S. Citizens and Nationals under Vacancy Announcement #1911146CFDE. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Ability to apply experimental theories and new developments to problems not susceptible to treatment by accepted methods and to make decisions or recommendations significantly changing, interpreting or developing important public policies or programs.
- Knowledge of governing laws, regulations, methodologies and/or policies to provide sound and authoritative technical guidance on all issues related to the assigned program.
- Ability to apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness.
- Ability to conduct formal briefings for higher level management to provide recommendations or action plans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No