Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Retention Success Coach
The George Mason University, School of Business, invites applications for the position of Retention Success Coach. This position will engage students in interpreting and applying George Mason University and the School of Business programs, services and curriculum, Mason resources, requirements, policies and procedures.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Retention Success Coach has responsibilities in the following areas: Student Interaction:
- Provide academic advising in individual consultations and group events on such topics as major choice, curriculum selection, study skills, scholarship and club opportunities and other academic-related areas;
- Meet with select student populations to increase connectedness to institution and assist student in development of key success strategies;
- Plan and implement academic-related events and perform outreach to business students;
- Identify and codify select student populations to develop key student focus groups;
- Serve as primary advisor for students participating in Return to Success program, for students returning to institution after serving an academic suspension;
- Serve as primary advisor to meet with students who are on a Warning or Probation academic standing in a given semester;
- Develop, disseminate and maintain resources to assist students with academic planning and development of academic/career/professional knowledge and skills;
- Coordinate complex activities to support student academic planning; and
- Understand and implement proper use of rules and procedures concerning confidentiality.
Educational Program Development and Planning:
- Manage the operation of new programs to support the academic success of Business students;
- Mange the operations of the Return to Success program for the School of Business and work with the Assistant Director to continually evaluate and update program;
- Assist with implementation and oversee operation of newly created degree success program for all School of Business undergraduate students;
- Assist the Assistant Director with the management of the Retention and Student Success committees, who are responsible for coordinating the various retention and proactive initiatives of the office;
- Create and manage student services program operations, establish goals, evaluate program effectiveness and develop or modify policies and procedures to enhance the overall efficiency of the office;
- Create and manage online support resources to enhance the academic success of both on campus and online student populations; and
- Assist the Assistant Director with the development of intentional programming to support honors and deanâ€™s list students.
- Assist Assistant Director with consistent updates to the School of Business undergrad website;
- Create new and innovative online resources and interactive workshops to support the School of Business undergraduate student population;
- Maintain student records utilizing Salesforce;
- Assist Assistant Director with consistent outreach and communication to various student populations;
- Maintain open professional communication with faculty and administrators to share information and align academic services with the schoolsâ€™ mission;
- Provide accurate interpretations of policies and procedures for students, parents and faculty; and
- Assist with processing of graduation audits, notify students of discrepancies and follow up with them on options.
Special Events and Projects:
- Create and manage special events and projects as assigned by the Assistant Director of Student Success and Retention.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills; and
- Relationship Skills: team work, collaboration, networking, development. Preferred Qualifications:
- Academic advising experience;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently;
- Experience with retention focused programs in a higher education setting; and
- Ability to develop, implement and manage academic programs and services.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01737z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by March 27, 2019; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on March 28, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :