Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
In this role, you will sell death notice advertising to funeral homes and the public. This is an inside sales job that supports a vital part of our business at The Washington Post. We are looking for someone with detail-orientation, customer-service focus, and strong typing and communication skills.
- Advises customer on writing Death Notices
- Answering the phone and inbound emails
- Enter notices into order entry system, accurately and quickly
- Send proofs to customers via, email or fax
- Take payments for advertisements
- Calls funeral homes or public customer to ensure notice is correct
- Process photos into the APpoint system
- Bachelor's degree (desired)
- 2+ years of sales experience (desired)
- Ability to type 40 words per minute, accurately
- Ability to make sales presentations and close sales over the phone to existing/prospective clients
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow-through skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Superior customer service and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience working in a sales-oriented environment
- Proven ability to communicate in a creative, persuasive style
- Ability to input ad copy while listening to advertisers on the phone
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Schedule: Saturday-Wednesday
- Saturday: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. (or later)
- Sunday: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. (or later)
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.