Director of Legislative Applications
The Office of the Clerk at the U.S. House of Representatives is seeking candidates for the Director of Legislative Applications. The candidate will lead a team of software developers dedicated to building and supporting a portfolio of software applications integral to the legislative process, from systems that help draft legislative documents to recording and publishing activities on the Floor of the House and in the Committees. As the Director of Legislative Applications, the candidate will assemble, develop and lead a team of highly qualified software developers and lead major software development projects.
The selected candidate will report to the Chief of Legislative Computer Systems at the Office of the Clerk. The candidate must be someone who readily takes on new initiatives, able to multitask, works well under pressure, enjoys finding solutions to challenging problems, and relentlessly pursues excellence.
This position requires the ability to work in a small workstation in an office environment without an expectation of privacy, where noise levels are usually moderate.
- Provide senior technical leadership — recommend, plan and execute development and delivery of complex software applications that are architecturally sound, resilient, and of excellent quality
- Participate in design, development and deployment of high-quality software applications — alongside leading the team, you’ll also directly contribute to development workstreams
- Coordinate with leadership, other managers, stakeholders and institutional partners to ensure that initiatives and projects accomplish mission objectives
- Work with management to create and promote a healthy and productive office culture, in alignment with our core values - customer first, respect, integrity, accountability, teamwork, proactivity, and curiosity
- Lead and mentor a team of talented software development team
- Help team members achieve success — hold regular one on ones, guide career development and training, unblock projects obstacles, and help solve technical problems that may arise
- Extensive experience leading software application development. Track record of successfully leading teams through multiple software development lifecycles.
- Ten or more years of hands-on software development experience. Full stack development experience and knowledge. Ability to lead and contribute with architecture, design and development.
- Deep knowledge and experience with one or more programming languages, software development platform, web technology, etc.
- Extensive experience managing a team of developers from product conception, requirements gathering, to design, development, QA and testing.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and equivalent work experience is preferred.
No telephone inquiries please. Interested individuals may fax, mail, or email a cover letter and resume to:
Mr. Scott Kim
Office of the Clerk
Legislative Computer Systems
U.S. House of Representatives
2401 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D. C. 20515
This position is located onsite.
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should email email@example.com for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.