Occasional travel - Less than 10 %
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Recruitment incentives may be authorized for this position, if applicable.
All qualification and eligibility requirements must be met by the announcement closing date.
You may start at $68,036.00 (GS-11) if you possess one of the following by the closing date of the announcement (in addition to the below education requirement):
experience- one year at the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the private sector applying economic theories, principles, concepts, and practices. Examples may include: performing quantitative economic modeling, and applying research skills to economic problems, issues, or projects;
education- at least 3 years of progressive higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
a combination of specialized experience and education.
You may start at $81,548.00 (GS-12) if you possess the following specialized experience by the closing date of the announcement (in addition to the below education requirement):
one year at the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the private sector applying economic theory and tools for the development of economic recommendations or analysis. Examples may include: compiling and analyzing economic data, providing input into econometric model development, and conducting analysis to be included in reports.
Education requirement: In order to qualify for this position at either grade level, you must possess:
1. Degree: a degree in economics that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
2. Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in 1 above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Evaluation of Experience
Examples of qualifying experience include:
1. individual economic research assignments requiring planning, information assembly, analysis and evaluation, conclusions and report preparation;
2. supervisory or project coordination assignments involving a staff of professional economists, and requiring the evaluation and interpretation of economic information; or
3. teaching assignments in a college or university that included both class instruction in economics subjects and one of the following (1) personal research that produced evidence of results, (2) direction of graduate theses in economics, or (3) service as a consultant or advisor on technical economics problems.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
PBGC encourages qualified applicants with disabilities to apply. Applicants with disabilities who are interested in learning more about job opportunities under available hiring flexibilities and authorities are encouraged to contact PBGC’s Selective Placement Program Coordinator, Donald Beasley, at (202) 326-4000 ext. 3637 or email@example.com. TTY/TDD users should call the federal relay service at (800) 877-8339 and ask to be connected to (202) 326-4000 ext. 3637.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IS BEING ADVERTISED UNDER THE DIRECT HIRE APPOINTING AUTHORITY.
- There will be no applicant self-assessment or rating and ranking process.
- You will be evaluated for this job based on whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements listed above.
- Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Appointing Authority, veterans' preference does not apply.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No