Information Technology Specialist
Occasional travel - During times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
You may qualify based on experience, education or a combination of both. (MODIFY AS NEEDED)
To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer. Average work hours must be stated on the resume to quantify each period of work experience or that experience will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
You must address the specific specialized experience required for each grade level of this position on your resume or application or you will be rated "Ineligible" for that grade level.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
GS-14: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-13 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate:
*Writing SQL to query complex databases and reviewing SQL to ensure it is optimized for performance;
*Designing, developing and analyzing the business and technical requirements for data based products, such as: reports, dashboards, and data schemas utilizing industry best practices;
*Translating logical designs into one or more physical databases and designing the process on how the data will flow through the successive stages involved; and
*Analyzing and evaluating the business impact of proposed changes to software applications.
GS-14: There is no educational substitution at this grade level.
If selected for this position, you will be eligible for benefits. The above link is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Small Business Administration is committed to building a high-performing, 21st century workforce that possesses the following core attributes: cultural astuteness, technological proficiency, articulate, strong writing capabilities, superior conflict resolution skills, and exceptional presentation skills. Candidates should be prepared as they may be further evaluated on these attributes throughout the application and selection process.
For this vacancy, the Office of Disaster Personnel will use a Category Rating system to refer qualified applicants for consideration. This is a three-step process. First, your resume or other application is evaluated to determine if you meet the Qualifications, including the Specialized Experience described above, for the grade level(s) that you are applying for. Secondly, if you meet the minimum qualifications requirements, your responses to the questionnaire, including narrative responses, if applicable, will be compared to your resume or other application. If your resume does not support the answers you gave on the questionnaire, you may be rated "Ineligible," or you may be placed in a lower category. Third, your name will be placed in one of the three following categories:
- Best-Qualified - highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to this position.
- Well-Qualified - competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to this position.
- Qualified - an overall basic level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to this position.
For this position, disabled veterans who meet minimum qualifications for this position and have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% (CPS & CP) are placed at the top of the Best-Qualified category regardless of which category they would otherwise be assigned to.
Preference eligibles who do not have a service-connected disability of 10% or more (XP or TP) are placed at the top of their quality category.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Business Process Reengineering, Customer Service, Data Analysis, and Requirements Analysis Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No