Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualifications for Law Clerk (Labor), GS-0904-11: Applicant must possess the first professional law degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school and have at least one year of professional legal experience.
- Applicants for Grade 11 who have not been admitted to the Bar may, if otherwise qualified, be hired under provisional appointments of 14 months as Law Clerk Trainees. Law Clerk Trainees must be admitted to the Bar within 14 months after appointment to the FLRA or be separated for failure to meet a condition of employment. Upon passing the Bar, Law Clerk Trainees receive new appointments to Attorney positions without time limits. Superior law student work or activities may be substituted for the one year of professional legal experience needed to qualify for the GS-11.
A LL.B or J.D. is a requirement for this position. If you do not submit sufficient academic documentation necessary to demonstrate that you meet the eligibility and minimum qualification requirements described in this announcement, your application will be deemed incomplete and you will be ineligible for further consideration for this vacancy.
College Transcript and Evaluation of Foreign Education - The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from unauthorized secondary schools or post-secondary institutions that are not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from federal employment to removal from federal service. If your education was completed at a foreign college or university, you must show comparability to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States and comparability to applicable minimum course work requirements for this position. Click Evaluation of Foreign Education for more information.
- Equal Opportunity Employer - FLRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, political affiliation, union affiliation or non-affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical handicap, or any other non-merit reason.
- Hatch Act - The Hatch Reform Amendments of 1993 (Public Law 103-94) prohibit individuals from requesting, making, transmitting, accepting, or considering political recommendations (as defined in 5 U.S.C. § 2202) in effecting personnel actions.
- Reasonable Accommodation - FLRA provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the FLRA's Human Resources Division. Decisions on reasonable accommodation requests will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Transportation and Relocation Expenses Are Not Authorized-FLRA will not pay any travel, transportation, or relocation expenses. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty are the responsibility of the selected candidate.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position.Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No