Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Academic standing in the upper third of the law school graduating class;
- Work or achievement of significance on law school's official law review;
- Special high-level honors for academic excellence in law school, such as election to the Order of the Coif;
- Winning of a moot court competition or membership on the moot court team that represents the law school in competition with other law schools;
- Full-time or continuous participation in a legal aid program, as opposed to one-time, intermittent, or casual participation;
- Significant law-office-clerk experience in labor relations or a related field; or
- Other equivalent evidence of clearly superior achievement.
Qualifications for Attorney-Advisor (Labor), GS-905-12: The applicant must have two years of professional legal experience or an equivalent combination of professional legal experience and education, or must have completed one year of acceptable performance in the same or closely related work at the GS-11 level.
Qualifications for Attorney-Advisor (Labor), GS-905-13: The applicant must have three years of professional legal experience or an equivalent combination of professional legal experience and education, of which one year must have been in the labor relations field or other public employment law field; or comparable experience; or must have completed one year of acceptable performance in the same or closely related work at the GS-12 level.
Qualifications for Attorney-Advisor (Labor), GS-905-14: The applicant must have four years of professional legal experience or an equivalent combination of professional legal experience and education, of which two years must have been in the labor relations field or other public employment law field; or comparable experience; or have completed one year successfully performing the same or closely-related work at the GS-13 level.
Applicants for consideration at Grades 11 and above must have been admitted to a Bar.
Professional legal education beyond the first professional law degree may be substituted for professional legal experience as follows:
- The second professional law degree (LL.M.) which requires one full year of graduate study may be substituted for one year of professional legal experience.
- The third professional law degree (S.J.D.) may be substituted for one additional year of professional legal experience.
Applicants must be a graduate of a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association and an active member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
- Equal Opportunity Employer - FLRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, political affiliation, union affiliation or non-affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical handicap, or any other non-merit reason.
- Hatch Act - The Hatch Reform Amendments of 1993 (Public Law 103-94) prohibit individuals from requesting, making, transmitting, accepting, or considering political recommendations (as defined in 5 U.S.C. § 2202) in effecting personnel actions.
- Reasonable Accommodation - FLRA provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the FLRA's Human Resources Division. Decisions on reasonable accommodation requests will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Transportation and Relocation Expenses Are Not Authorized-FLRA will not pay any travel, transportation, or relocation expenses. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty are the responsibility of the selected candidate.
- Promotion Potential: The full performance level of this position is GS-14. Management may select at any of the grade levels announced (GS-11, GS-12, GS-13 or GS-14) for which an applicant is qualified. Applicants selected below the full performance level of GS-14 will have promotion opportunity to the full performance level without further competition when the incumbent is eligible and recommended by management for promotion. When promotion potential is shown, the agency is not making a commitment and is not obligated to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position.Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No