Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 5 investigation level). You must be granted this clearance before you can start the job.
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $114,590.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level or higher in the Federal service or equivalent. Specialized experience must demonstrate knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles and practices applicable to the full range of engineering duties concerned with the design and construction of large office buildings; large special purpose structures such as warehouses, parking garages; and other facilities and electrical systems components of a complex nature.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ENGINEERS: A Degree in professional engineering OR a combination of college-level education, training, and/or technical experience. For specifics on qualifying education and/or experience - use the following link: Basic Requirements for Engineer Positions.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Bargaining Unit Status: N/A
- Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
- Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement or other GSA organizations in the same commuting area.
- We are also accepting applications from all U.S. Citizens and Nationals under Vacancy Announcement #1911132CFDE. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of advanced principles and practices of electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of acquisition regulations and contract techniques
- Knowledge of related engineering fields, such as automated system principles.
- Ability to create new electrical engineering design programs for the agency.
- Ability to conduct formal briefings for higher level management to provide recommendations or action plans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No