C++ Software Developer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play a vital role in a software development team dedicated to building the Intelsat Satellite Control Systems. You should have a desire to learn and creatively tackle challenging technical problems with state-of-the-art software solutions as well as provide support to a highly skilled Satellite Engineering and Operation team. Your projects will range from participating to the integration of new satellites and associated tools inside and outside the existing infrastructure, building new tools around the core commanding infrastructure to facilitate situational awareness, and supporting your customers.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Use your boundless curiosity and creativity to quickly build a working knowledge around satellite control by leveraging on internal expertise and bring new ideas and suggestions for the benefit of the team.
- Showcase your software development skills to build high-quality software products and associated test suites.
- Use your first-rate organization and communication skills to manage and report on your progress.
- Use and expand your strong knowledge of existing development languages, IDEs, and methodologies to cover and enrich the extensive collection used at Intelsat.
Can you drive these processes?
Conduct requirements analysis, architectural and detail design, coding, implementation, testing and maintenance for highly integrated complex information systems; collaborate with other developers on the various software implementation tasks and participate actively in that implementation; identify and resolve systems software and hardware issues, also identifying and implementing process improvements; participate in planning and scheduling all tasks authorized by the Satellite Control Systems management; report technical issues and progress against schedule; produce appropriate specifications and support documentation for applications in development.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering or Computer Science
- 1-3 years of professional experience in real-time data acquisition and processing systems
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Design and programming
- Experience in C/C++ programming
- Experience in Python programming
- Experience with the Linux Operating System
- Experience in developing unit testing strategies and plans, testing methods
- Experience with configuration management concepts and tools
- A broad knowledge of computer network and hardware/software interface and protocols
- The capability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications
- Proven leadership and organizational skills with a willingness to work with others to foster a team spirit.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in JAVA programming
- A broad knowledge of telecommunication systems
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.