PR & Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Marketing and Communications Coordinator, MCAA
George Mason Universitys Mason Community Arts Academy seeks qualified candidates for the Marketing and Communications Coordinator position. This position works closely with staff members of MCAA to design, coordinate, and implement the Academyâ€™s Marketing and Communications strategies and goals. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Marketing: Advertising and promotions coordination including the creation and management of print and online campaigns and marketing materials, as well as management of social media campaigns;
- Website management: including regular updating of website information, SEO and Google Analytics work, and design changes as needed;
- Communications: creating and maintaining regular newsletters and blog/social media posts, write and distribute press releases and articles as needed, serving as the liaison with the CVPA marketing and communications team, and maintaining and updating customer databases;
- Graphic Design: create artwork and layout design for print collateral and online advertising, create and order t-shirt designs and print-screening as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in marketing or arts/arts management discipline;
- Training in digital marketing/communications and graphic design;
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and advertising creation;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud software;
- An understanding of current advertising and marketing best practices and website/SEO management;
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required for publicity and other promotional materials;
- The ability to prioritize tasks and effectively management duties.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-04-02