Substance Abuse Counselor
Crossroads Treatment Centers is a rapidly‐growing providers of treatment for opiate addiction. At present, we operate 32 licensed Opiate Treatment Programs (OTP) and 44 Office Based Opioid Treatment centers (OBOTs) in multiple states.Our team of experienced doctors, nurses and therapists are passionate about treating opiate addiction. We provide medication (Methadone / Suboxone) along with counseling to help our patients recover. Our emphasis on counseling combined with medication helps drive our impressive success rate.
We are seeking a compassionate and strong Substance Abuse Counselor at our center located in Winchester, Virginia. Our Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for gathering data, documenting problems and establishing course of treatment. Provides direct addiction treatment services to adult patients and family members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties that are assigned:
- Completing assessments, ITP's, progress notes and other necessary paperwork associated with managing a caseload of 50 patients.
- Providing individual and group counseling using Evidence Based Practices.
- Assisting patients with defining and achieving realistic goals.
- Conducting monthly urinalysis screenings.
- Providing crisis interventions as needed.
- Assisting in peer-to-peer record audits.
- Ensuring patient confidentiality.
- Providing supportive counseling in conjunction with Medical and Nursing Services.
- Contributing to the ongoing assessment and treatment planning process through participation in daily reports, case reviews, and treatment team meetings.
The most qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Counseling or related field.
- Must be registered with the Virginia Board of Counseling -(Company will provide assistance to candidates who are eligible for certification so they may obtain certification while employed with Crossroads).
- Qualified candidates will possess one of the following licenses: (CSAC, LPC, LSATP, or LMFT).
- Experience treating opiate-addicted patients is not a requirement but is preferred.
- Candidate must be willing to start early in the morning, as work hours start at 5:00 AM.
- No legal impediments to serving in a licensed opiate treatment program.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- If recovering, three years of continuous verifiable abstinence is required.
Crossroads offers a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees that includes PTO, paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Short Term Disability, Employer paid and Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance, and 401k with company match.