Deputy Project Manager (Acquisition)
50% or less - 50% Business Travel Required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience you must have Program Management-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below based on the grade level required of the position being filled: 1) Program Execution, 2) Technical Management, and 3) Business Management.
In addition to the above competencies your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: (1) Developing of project management policies, planning, requirements and direction within a Network and Software program. (2) Advising on program operations in the areas of establishing processes, procedures and tools for program execution (3) Participating in analysis of a program's budget, cost and mission requirements and (4) Overseeing project responsibilities such as development, acquisition, testing, life cycle support, resources management, contracting, scheduling, personnel and facilities. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-III (GS-13).
This Deputy Project Manager (Acquisition) (Key Leadership Position) requires the following criteria listed below:
a. Six years of experience in acquisition, at least 2 years in a program office or similar organization.
b. Five years of supervisory;
c. At least three years in a program office, or similar organization;
d. Demonstrated mentoring experience
2. Cross-Functional Competencies: Demonstrated superior knowledge and proficiency in Executive Leadership, Program Execution, Technical Management, and Business Management.
3. Currency: Current Continuous Learning Points requirement (80 hours every two (2) years) to include: a) 50 hours of course work pertaining to Program Management or other related functional areas; b) 10 hours of leadership training; and c) Only 10 hours can be conference attendance.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
- Acquisition Strategy
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Performance Analysis
- Project Management
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
However, there is an education requirement for membership in the Acquisition Corps which includes:
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited educational institution (you must submit your transcripts)
Possess significant potential for advancement to levels of greater responsibility and authority
At least 24 semester credit hours of study at an accredited institution of higher education from among the following disciplines: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management
At least 24 semester credit hours of study at an accredited institution in the individual's AT&L Career Field and either 12 semester credit hours from among the above-listed disciplines or training in these disciplines equivalent to the 12 semester credit hours. (Training courses that carry an American Council of Education (ACE) credit recommendation may be used for equivalency.) ACE credit recommendations may only be used to meet the 24 semester hour standard for Acquisition Corps membership if those credit recommendations have been accepted by and appear on an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher education. DAWIA provides the option to substitute equivalent training for the 12 semester credit hours applied to the 24 hours in the individual's AT&L Career Field and 12 hours in the covered disciplines. This does not apply to the option for 24 semester credit hours in the covered disciplines.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in the Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration and Support position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for a Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- This position may be eligible for regular and recurring TELEWORK, including emergency and OPM prescribed unscheduled Telework. Supervisor approval will be required on a case-by-case basis.
- This is a Critical Acquisition Position. Unless specifically waived by the appropriate Army official, (i.e., the Director of Acquisition Career Management, the Army Acquisition Executive, or the Secretary of the Army) or if the employee is Grandfathered under 10 U.S.C. 1736 (c) (1), the following are statutorily mandated requirements (Reference: 10 U.S.C. 1732 and 1737): - Selectee must be an Acquisition Corps (AC) member at the time of permanent selection for the position or have been granted a waiver. - Selectee must execute, as a condition of appointment, a written agreement to remain in Federal service in the position of at least three years. In signing such agreement, the employee does not forfeit any employment rights, nor does such an agreement alter any other terms or conditions of employment.
- This is a Key Leadership Position/Critical Acquisition Position, Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in Acquisition Career Field Engineering at the time of tentative selection. Any deviation from KLP requirements can only be waived by the AAE. (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisitions University Catalog at http://www.dau.mil/.)
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No