Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Status applicants must have served 52 weeks as a GS-11 or higher grade in the Federal Service.
You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-11 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as using forecasting techniques to ensure funds are available for fiscal year budget completion without unfunded cost over-runs. Use of management and organization techniques/procedures to perform a wide variety of analytical studies/projects related to management improvement, productivity, efficiency, internal controls and long-range planning.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities, or competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing KSA's or competencies are required.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Qualification and time-in-grade requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
There is no substitution of education for specialized experience at this grade level.
These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment:The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.For more benefits information please visit: http://www.opm.gov/employment_and_benefits/employeesupport2.asp
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY NOT be authorized.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 90 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. The view this policy, please copy and paste the following web address into your web browser: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- This is an acquisition position in the DAWIA career field for Program Management (PM). Selectee must attain Level II certification (or be eligible for certification) within 24 months of appointment in the PM career field. Certification in other DAWIA career fields will also be considered as having partially fulfilled the Level II PM requirements.
- Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Financial Management
- Planning and Evaluating
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10438945 Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No