Family & Community Engagement Coordinator
The Family and Community Engagement Facilitator, in support of and collaboration with, the English Learner (EL) Program Supervisor is responsible for the oversight, support, and implementation of parent, family and community engagement programs and projects focused to support EL students. Additionally, this position supports the identification of EL Program parent, family, and community-oriented goals that create welcoming, inviting cultures, and connect family engagement to student learning.
* Identifies, oversees, develops, and implements, a variety of parent, family and community
engagement programs and projects related to the Loudoun County Public Schools English
* Coordinates with the EL Supervisor, EL Welcome Center Coordinator, Outreach Program
Supervisor, and the School Improvement Supervisor, in establishing short and long-term parent,
family, and community-oriented goals that bridge families' cultures and schools. Encourages EL
parent and family engagement in the education process and supports student achievement.
Ensures access to resources in addition to meaningful and effective communication and support
of English Learner families.
* Promotes understanding among newly identified English learners and their families of
programming options toward graduation through the Title III funded parent, family and community
* In collaboration with the EL Supervisor, conduct needs assessments of the existing family and
community engagement efforts on a regular basis to inform program improvements.
* Serves as a resource for LCPS office, region, and school staff; and compiles and analyzes data
to make program recommendations.
* Supports additional projects and serves on English Learner family and school committees as
* Stays current on research-based trends and practices in supporting English learner parents,
families, and communities; and identifies, creates and/or implements professional development
specific to supporting strong family-school relationships.
* Bachelor's degree. Specialization in Education preferred, but not required.
* Three years of progressive experience in teaching, and/or project management.
* Demonstrated knowledge of researched-based practices related to working with English learner
parents, families, and communities
* Ability to establish strong relationships with individuals from diverse linguistic, ethnic, and
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Bilingual skills preferred.
The Family and Community Engagement Facilitator reports to the EL Supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend,
and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.