Senior Communications Engineer
Sparks Group is actively searching for a Senior Communications Engineer with an active Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility. This position will be based at Ft. Meade with occasional travel to their HQ in Herndon VA. The selected candidate will support DoD and DoD Contractors as a Communications Engineer subject matter expert providing specialized expertise and technical oversight to assure that the Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) and related secure voice networks meet objective critical mission support requirements. This person will also Provide SME in complex telecommunications applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis. Performs research, requirements analysis, design, installation, troubleshooting, and support of local- and wide-area network hardware, software and applications. Can install and configure WAN and LAN hardware to include voice, video, and data cable systems. Develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. Develops risk management and mitigation strategy. Maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded. This position will provide secure telecommunications and conferencing for Command Control (C2) crisis management for the Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) supporting high quality multi-level secure voice capabilities, interfaces for dissimilar cryptographic systems, and conferencing requirements.
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software.
- Develop and maintain a road map for capabilities, operations, and technologies.
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation.
- Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
- Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
- Design and configuration of Voice over Internet Protocol Telephony technology and networks
- Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Represent customer requirements in technical exchanges with other government agencies and contractors.
- Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Performs duties such as site surveys, system evaluation, system analysis, architecture, and infrastructure assessment.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: hardware/software, concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Applies and/or develops advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts.
- Resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Plans research & development programs and recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of all aspects of operations and technologies.
- Should be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Must stay abreast of industry developments and applicable Government regulations.
- Performs audits, operational analysis and risk assessments.
- Makes recommendations for enhancing services.
- Researches operational issues and providing mitigation recommendations
- Develops processes and procedures.
- Needs strong oral and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment and self-motivation.
- Works independently with little to no supervision researching new technologies or comparing technologies to meet the customers need while providing an unbiased opinion.
- Experience with CISCO and Juniper: switches, routers, as well as Cryptographic devices
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- A Cisco Certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCDP, CCVP)
- Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network Node Manager, etc.)
- Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
- Experience with CISCO and Juniper firewall/VPN devices
- Experience with supporting IP services to connect to NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, and MPLS
- CCNP – Routing and Switching
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protect veteran status.