Regional Service Manager, Residential
At JBG SMITH, we know that where people choose to live and work are some of the most important decisions they make. That is why we are passionate about providing exemplary service to our residents and the opportunity to work in an innovative, collaborative and rewarding environment to our employees.
What You Will Do
Residential Service Managers enjoy using their technical knowledge and skills to ensure that our communities achieve the highest levels of maintenance and upkeep. Driven by a passion for service excellence, Residential engineering managers naturally excel at assessing maintenance operations, resolving complex issues and inspiring their teams to perform.
As a Residential Service Manager, your primary responsibilities include:
- Participating in all aspects of overseeing community maintenance and repair including assisting service managers in addressing complex issues and risk management procedures
- Routinely inspecting communities to ensure the highest standards are maintained onsite
- Monitoring preventative maintenance programs and boiler room/HVAC functions
- Aiding in development and execution of company maintenance policies and procedures
- Preparing the specifications and scopes of work for major capital expenditure projects, managing the bidding process and supervising vendors through completion / close-out
- Creating annual and long-term capital expenditure budgets and approving maintenance expenditures in-line with budget guidelines
- Sharing ideas to improve the cost and/or efficiency of maintenance operations
- Actively participating in the hiring and training process for all Residential Service positions
- Demonstrating a passion for service excellence that inspires Service employees and generates enthusiasm for company maintenance initiatives
What You Bring
At JBG SMITH, our culture is important. Our communities are unique and special and so is our team. We are committed to the highest standards of service, integrity, creativity and teamwork.
Along with those qualities, Residential Engineering Managers must also bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a desire for continual learning and development
- Five years of supervisory experience in multi-family apartment maintenance
- Minimum of three years multi-site maintenance manager experience with exposure to new construction / lease-ups, large-scale renovation projects and acquisitions
- HVAC, CFC certification and plumbing and electrical training / proficiency is required
- Experience with central systems and Class III Asbestos certification is preferred
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment and other refrigeration equipment is required. *Appropriate EPA certification is required.
- Demonstrated passion for service and a commitment to excellence
- Dependability as a team member who always gives their best and pitches in when others need help to ensure that collectively the team meets its goals
- Professional presentation and superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 pounds (supplies, appliances, etc.)
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.