About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
Description – Executive Assistant
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant. This position will perform under limited supervision of general manager or deputy general manager, performs advanced administrative and office management tasks and oversees projects and programs as assigned while exercising considerable judgment and independent action.
Essential functions include:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Prepares documents for Fairfax Water Board meetings, prepare meeting minutes, interacts and coordinates with Board members
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Uses SAP to procure supplies.
- Uses SAP to enter, maintain and update files, records and logs as necessary.
- Uses SAP to analyze and prepare reports and other business documents as necessary.
Graduation from high school or equivalent supplemented by general business practice courses and a minimum of eight years progressively responsible related administrative experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office to include O365 and Sharepoint and other desktop applications as necessary. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $56,451.62 to $92,480.54 per annum. Applications must be received by March 18, 2019.